A message from pastor Brett
Greetings! Here is a heads up on a few things.
1. HC will not be meeting in person on Sundays and Wednesdays until further notice.
2. Instead, we will be providing worship, Kid Connection, prayer, Code 9 and student experiences via Facebook Live, the Harbor app, website, email, and possibly Youtube. Worship will be posted at 10:00 a.m. Sunday mornings. Please interact on Facebook Live by commenting who you are and who is watching with you. We also encourage you to get the word out to as many as possible who may enjoy our services from their homes. A great way to do this is to share the service when you’re watching it. You can do the same with the other ministries we offer. Our prayer and Kid Connection experiences will be posted at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday nights. Code 9 and student worship experiences will be posted Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. You will be receiving specific instructions from children’s and student ministry leaders regarding posted ministry experiences.
3. We are suggesting that small groups determine themselves if they would like to meet in person. Perhaps groups can get creative in getting together through Zoom, Google hangouts, Group me, or simply by group texting. If you are not in a small group, please call the church office to get placed in one, simply to help you stay connected. Get creative!
4. We are continuing Connections classes as planned. Most classes consist of less than ten participants. So, if you’d like to sign up for a class, utilize the ap or simply call the church office.
5. Several have asked about other upcoming events. The night of worship has been postponed. We’re really hoping we can gather physically on Easter Sunday. We simply don’t know yet. And, Share Day, our most intense outreach to the community is still on right now. However, that can certainly change tomorrow. So, stay tuned.
6. There are several ways that we can minister to one another during this season. •We all can pray! Our staff is working hard on helping all of us engage in prayer consistently in the coming days. •To really stay connected we are inviting folks to drop by the church to write encouraging cards to one another. A table is set up with addresses, cards, and crayons (please include your kids) to help families stay involved in one another’s lives. •Please check on one another. Stay connected with your ministry teams. Think about who sits by you during worship, who serves alongside you in your ministry, or someone you happen to think about during your day and intentionally communicate.
7. Please remember to keep giving generously. We provide several ways to do so: through the HC ap, setting up an automatic draft, snail mail, or dropping off a tithe/offering at the church during business hours. We want to continue serving our church body, supporting mission work here and abroad, and providing stability for staff members and their families. Thank you for your generosity!
8. The coffee shop ministry is open as of right now. Since there are typically less than ten people in the shop at one time, we feel it’s a great way to continue ministering to Oologah. That can change quickly per governmental decisions.
9. Please contact a pastor, elder, or staff member if you need anything. Our staff is working faithfully. Office hours are Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. til 4:00 p.m.
10. We love Harbor Church and Harbor Church loves God’s kids. We love people and are praying for Godspeed in this situation all over the world!
Giving is one of the greatest opportunities someone has to express their love for Jesus Christ. We give because God gave us the greatest example of giving.Harbor Church affirms the “tithe” in the Old Testament as an excellent giving beginning point for the New Testament giver. A “tithe” is simply ten percent. The New Testament takes giving a step further by not focusing on a regulation or guideline but focused on one’s heart condition or spiritual readiness.So give excitedly…with joy! Because God is going to do tremendous things through giving with a happy attitude!
There are several ways you can give at Harbor Church:
1. We offer safe and secure online giving. In addition to tithes, Harbor Church will offer additional opportunities in directed giving online. For example, A building fund is currently set up to support future HC expansion.
2. We offer the old fashioned way (during a worship service) or by regular automatic withdrawal from your bank, forms are available at offering boxes or in office.
3. You can also give stocks, bonds or mutual funds.